Kemp Eyecare ReOpening & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You should Be Taking
- ALL patient encounters will be by appointment. Walk-ins will not be allowed.
- No paperwork – appointments now require pre-registration on our website – please register here: https://compulinkadvantageweb.
- We ask that you arrive at your appointment alone unless you are a minor and require adult supervision then we will allow one caregiver inside with the child.
- Anyone who enters the building will be required to wear a face mask.
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally. 🙂
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Appointment times will be spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the front check-in desk.
- All of our staff and doctors will be wearing masks and when appropriate, gloves and/or face-shields
- Spread-out patient chairs in the optical and reception area – at least 6 feet apart. Every chair will be disinfected between each use.
- The pre-testing and examination rooms will be disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- We will disinfect frames after a patient has contact with them.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting railings, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time
- We will be aware of common “touchpoints” within the clinic such as doorknobs, counters, keyboard, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc… and will be disinfecting these as often as possible
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- Pens will be sanitized after each use by a patient.
- No signatures on credit card receipts – touchless transactions when possible
- Deep cleaning at the end of each day